1 The Cat in the Hat

The Cat in the Hat

Written by Dr. Seuss

Illustrated by Dr. Seuss

Reviewed by Nile M. (age 7)

The Cat in the Hat

It was raining. Sally and Billy couldn't do anything. All they could do was sit and sit. Then the Cat in the Hat came in. He asked the children why do you just sit there? The Cat in the Hat starts to make a mess, a big mess. He dropped a toy ship in a cake, he spills a cup and bottle of milk and tears a page in a book. The Cat in the Hat leaves the house and comes back with a big red box. Out pot Thing 1 and Thing 2. Thing 1 and Thing 2 make a bigger mess that Cat in the Hat. Does the house get cleaned up before mom gets home? Read and find out.

The Cat in the Hat reminds me of my brother's cat. His cat likes to run and put on his hats. He is black. My favorite part is when the Cat in the Hat comes into the house because he is the star of the book. When he walks in the children are excited. I like the children and the cat because I like to make new friends other people and I like cats.

I would recommend parents read this book to their children because most people like cats and hats. This book has alot of rhyming words and can help children learn.