1 Fox in Socks

Fox in Socks

Written by Dr. Seuss

Illustrated by Dr. Seuss

Reviewed by James M. (age 8)

Fox in Socks

The main characters in this story are Mr. Fox and Mr. Knox. Mr. Fox plays games with Mr. Knox by giving him riddles and things to say that begin with the same letters. This book rhymes on some pages and it has words that begin with the same letter on a few other pages. Sometimes the pages with words that begin with the same letter are hard to read because some of the words are almost alike. But it's fun to try to read all those words without making a mistake.

I liked this book because it was funny. It's funny because the words sometimes don't make sense. Dr. Seuss sometimes puts words together that don't belong together. On pages where the words begin with the same letter, I sometmes say the wrong words and that makes it funny.

My favorite part of the book was when Mr. Fox tried to get Mr. Knox to chew blue goo with the Goo-Goose. I liked this part best because it was funny. Geese don't eat blue goo and that makes it funny. Besides that, it was funny trying to read all those words that begin with the same letter.

This book is different from other books I've read because a lot of things happen in this story that don't really happen in real life. Dr. Seuss uses a lot of imagination because he makes up words and characters that aren't real.

I reccommend this book because it has a lot of funny things in it. It will make you laugh as you try to read the words. I think that first and second grade kids would like to read this book.