1 Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Written by Judy Blume

Illustrated by Roy Doty

Reviewed by Jalen J. (age 8)

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

This story is mostly about Peter and Fudge who are brothers. Peter is about nine, and Fudge is four. Fudge bothered Peter all the time. He always bugged Peter by coming into his room when Peter didn't want him to. One time Fudge colored all over Peter's posterboard that was for school. Fudge always got into trouble too. One time, Peter, Fudge and his dad went to the movies and Fudge wanted to touch the bear on the screen in the movie so he scared his dad when he ran up to the front seats. They thought he was kidnapped! Peter thought he hated Fudge, but his mother said he really doesn't. In the end, Peter felt sad for Fudge because he was in the hospital and knew he really did like him.

I really liked this book because it was hilarious! There were lots of parts where I laughed. I liked the time when Fudge jumped off the jungle gym because he thought he was a bird. Another funny part was when Fudge's dad spilled cereal all over Fudge's head and said "Eat it or wear it!" Fudge reminds me of my cousin Adam. Every time I go camp with him and have cereal, he spills it all over himself, too. My favorite part was when Fudge had a birthday. Jennie, Ralph, and Sam were Fudge's friends and came to his party. They were all screaming, and it was funny, especially when Sam was crying all the time.

I recommend "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" because it is laughable. I think fourth graders would like this book.