1 Snakes #2

Snakes #2

Written by Carolyn MacLulich

Illustrated by photographers for The Australian Museum

Reviewed by Austin A. (age 8)

Snakes #2

This book tells you all kinds of facts about snakes. Some snakes are poisonous, some are not. It also tells you where snakes live. Not all snakes live on land, some live in warm ocean waters. You can find out what colors and sizes snakes come in. You can also find out what they eat and how they are born by reading this book. There aren't any drawings of snakes in this book. It has all photographs instead.

I really liked this book because I am interested in snakes. I learned a lot of new things from this book. There were many facts about snakes that I didn't know before. I learned there is more than one kind of python. I also learned that snakes hatch from eggs. This book is different from other books I've read before. This book is non-fiction and uses real photographs. While I was reading this book I wondered about a lot of things about snakes. One thing I wondered about was how many different kinds of snakes there were. Another thing this book made me wonder about was how many different kinds of snakes live under water.

I recommend this book because it has a lot of facts about snakes. First graders who read well and second and third graders could read this book without any help. Anyone who likes snakes and wants to find out facts about snakes would also like this book.