1 Baseball Ballerina

Baseball Ballerina

Written by Kathryn Cristaldi

Illustrated by Abby Carter

Reviewed by Jessica M. (age 7)

Baseball Ballerina

This book is about a girl who plays shortstop for a baseball team called the Sharks. Her Mom thinks that she should also do some girl things so she signs her up for ballet class. But the little girl doesn't want anyone on her baseball team to know about her ballet lessons. Do her teammates find out? What happens if they do? Read this book to find out.

I really liked this book because it had a lot of surprises. Not only was the ending a surprise, but there were other parts of the story that turned out differently than I had expected. My favorite part of the book was when the little girl jumped up and caught the crown of another ballerina during a ballet recital. This was my favorite part of the story because it was funny. It was funny because I didn't expect it to happen and usually it doesn't happen at a ballet recital. I know this because I have gone to ballet recitals before. This book is different from other books I've read because in this book a little girl does two things: baseball and ballet. In all the other books I've read, the main character only does one thing.

I would recommend this book because it is easy to read and it has a surprise ending. First through third grade children could read this book by themselves. If you like ballet or baseball you might like this book.