1 Magic Tree House: Midnight on the Moon

Magic Tree House: Midnight on the Moon

Written by Mary Pope Osborne

Illustrated by Sal Murdocca

Reviewed by Colton L. (age 9)

Magic Tree House: Midnight on the Moon

If you like adventures? Then this is the right book for you! It tells how Jack and Annie are going to find the last "M" thing on the moon! That will free Morgan from the spell. Can they do it before their oxygen tanks run out? Will the mysterious moon man help them? Find out what they find on the moon. Can they free Morgan?

I wonder why this author chose The Magic Tree House instead of something else to be magic. Why would she choose a tree house? I thought that this book was good because Jack and Annie are always on an adventure. I like Annie because she is so alive like me. I am rowdy and I'm always having fun. My favorite part was when Jack and Annie found a flag with a message on the side of it. The message said, "Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the moon, July 1969 A.D. We came in peace for all mankind." I thought that was cool because the message was still there. I also liked the part when the moon man comes and meets them and how Jack asked what is your name and he gives them a picture of stars. Then they find out what it means later. I also think that a kid in my class named Ezra reminds me of Jack because they both have glasses, their hair is the same, they're smart, and they are full of ideas. I liked one illustration that showed Jack and Annie going up the ladder to the tree house. It shows the tree house, the moon, the dark sky, and the tallest tree in Frog Creek Woods. This is a book that is like the other books in this series. In all 25 books they always have to find an "M" thing on each adventure. Find out the rest when you read this great series!

I recommend this book to fourth graders, third graders, and second graders because I started reading these adventures in second grade and continued reading them through fourth grade.