1 The Secrets of Droon

The Secrets of Droon

Written by Tony Abbott

Illustrated by Tim Jessell

Reviewed by student in Ms. A's 6th Grade Class

This is a very interesting book. It's about three children. The children's names are Julie, Eric, and Neal. Eric has a secret door that opens up to a world called Droon where they have three friends named Keeah, Galen and Max. They only visit this world when a special soccer ball glows. It glows because the princess uses magic to signal the children. This time when it glows a terrible storm is about to hit. They head to the attic, this is where the door to Droon is.

This book teaches that you shouldn't turn your back on people. It also teaches that it is always good to have friends to rely on. Also, be careful of who you trust, and don't be too quick to judge.

I liked this book very much because it is interesting and funny. My favorite part in this book is when Neal gets turned into a bug. It was gross and funny at the same time. I thought that Galen and Keeah were interesting because they could perform magic spells.

Something unique about this book is that it always takes place in a different part of Droon. Whether you're on a ship or an island, or anywhere else, there is always an adventure. I recommend this book to anyone who likes adventure stories or mysteries.