Caps For Sale

Written by • Illustrated by michelle fiddler

Reviewed by Knowledge P. (age 7) and Hunter M. (age 7)

This book is about a peddler who sold caps. There was a poor peddler who sold caps but nobody wanted one. The peddler had his checked cap then there were a bunch of other caps. He was bored walking up and down the street. He walked up and down the street until he came across a tree and thought it was a good place to nap. When he woke up he was refreshed. Before standing, he checked his head to make sure his caps were there, but he only felt his checked cap! He looked all around the tree. He looked above the tree and what did he find? He found monkeys with his caps. Do you think the peddler will get his caps? Find out and see!

We think this book is funny because the monkeys copy the peddler and they say, "Tsz, tsz, tsz." We also like the part when the peddler gets so angry he throws his cap on the ground. We learned to never sleep under a tree where there are monkeys, especially wearing caps. The book reminds us of a light blue hat. The size of the hat is adjustable.

We recommend this book to anyone who likes serious and silly books because this book is serious and silly. Knowledge thinks this book is serious because the peddler didn't like to play games. Hunter thinks it's silly because the monkeys think taking the peddler's caps is a game. We hope you enjoy this book because we do.

Knowledge P. and Hunter M. are students in Lori, Melissa and Pam's 2nd Grade Class (2)
2002-2003