1 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Written by C.S. Lewis

Illustrated by Pauline Baynes

Reviewed by Ariel H.K. (age 9)

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is about 4 kids who found a world of ice and had to solve a problem there. If you can believe it they found the world in a wardrobe. The stars of the book are 2 boys Peter, the oldest, Edmund, the second youngest, and, 2 girls, Susan the second oldest, and Lucy, the youngest. Oops, I almost forgot there is a witch. The witch lives in a castle. Whoever does not listen to her she turns into stone. I will tell you one more thing, but you will have to read the rest to learn the ending?well, the witch casts a spell on the world and that becomes the problem the kids have to solve.

I love this book because I love adventures and magic. I also like some of the characters like the sea otters I forgot to tell you about. I like the sea otters for two reasons. Reason #1 is that I love sea creatures. Reason #2 is that in this story they have a cute little house and they are nice. This is my kind of book and I think it will be yours, too. While I was reading a story I found myself dreaming about my own imaginary world. I hope someday I find one in an odd place.

I would recommend this book to 2nd graders and up. Why? Well, it is not because it is scary, but because it has some hard words. I think this book will be fun for every one. Oh yeah the book is part of a series by C.S. Lewis. Read them all!