1 Double Fudge

Double Fudge

Written by Judy Blume

Reviewed by Caitlin H. (age 10)

Double Fudge

Imagine if your little brother loved money. That?s what happens to Peter. His little brother Fudge is always asking him how much things cost. He also asks people how much they make. They try to cure Fudge by taking him to Washington D.C. to see money being made. However, Peter and his family run into his dad?s long lost cousin. They all stay at Peter?s house. Peter hates them. Especially their two girls, Flora and Fauna. Fudge likes their brother, Farley Drexel, who has the same name as Fudge. Peter and his parents want them to leave, but Fudge wants them to stay. One day when Peter was taking his dog for a walk, Fudge let his bird out when wasn?t supposed to! The bird hit the window hard. Does Fudge?s bird turn out okay? Will Flora, Fauna, Farley, and their parents ever leave? Read the book to find out.

This book is part of a series by Judy Blume. It is a lot like the other books in this series, Tale of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Fudge-a-mania, Super Fudge, in that Peter is annoyed by Fudge, but has its own twist. Peter changes through the book. He learns to like his second cousins, Flora, Fauna, and Farley Drexel. This book is similar to other books because older siblings always get annoyed by younger siblings.

I recommend this book because it is an exciting book. You don?t know what Fudge is going to do next. Someone who likes Judy Blume would enjoy this book