1 Suddenly

Suddenly

Written by Colin McNaughton

Illustrated by Coin McNaughton

Reviewed by David C. (age 7) & Zachary L. (age 7)

Suddenly

Have you ever had the strangest feeling that somebody was following you? A pig named Preston did. When Preston was coming out the school door and he decided to use the back door, a wolf missed eating Preston. Preston was coming out of the store when Mr. Plimp, the storekeeper, called Preston back because he had forgotten his change. The wolf missed AGAIN! Preston was finally home. He said, "Mom I had the strangest feeling that someone has been following me." Read the book to find out what happens next.

We like this book because it's funny. The book is funny because the wolf misses every time he tries to get Preston and the wolf gets hurt. We like the wolf because he gets hurt and it's funny like in some cartoons. It reminds us of Tom and Jerry, The Roadrunner and Coyote, and Sylvester and Tweety. Coyote always gets hurt when he is going after the Roadrunner. Tom always tries to get Jerry and Tom always gets hurt. Sylvester gets beaten by the old woman when he is going after Tweety. Our favorite part was when Preston was going down the slide and the wolf was waiting at the bottom. A bully, named Billy, shoved passed him and went down the slide. He was eaten by the wolf. We also liked the illustrations. We liked how the author put drool in the wolf's mouth to show the wolf was hungry.

We recommend this book to people who love cartoons. People who love funny illustrations will also love this book. Beginner readers will like this book because it doesn't have long and hard words and there are not many pages.

David C. and Zachary L.
are students in
Class C103