1 There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom

There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom

Written by Louis Sachar

Reviewed by Neil C. (age 10)

There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom

This book is about a boy named Bradley who does not have any friends at all. His teachers say he needs an attitude adjustment. He really does not live a great life. When he meets a new kid named Jeff, they begin a friendship. A new guidance counselor also comes in, her name is Carla, and she believes in Bradley.

She thinks he's kind and generous. He stops picking fights with girls and yelling at kids. The lesson to be learned is it's never too late to do the right thing. I really enjoyed this because it was funny, suprising and sad in some parts. I like the character Bradley because he's really the glue that holds the story together. He did change. He changed his attitude because he got encouragment.

This book is unique because it really made me feel just as the characters did and I really got into the book. It's like no other book I've read because I like to read action books and this is the first book where the author dedicated the book to comedy. I've read other books by Louis Sacher and I did not recognize the writing style at all. This book is different from the others because the main plot is solved way before the end of the story.

When I was reading the book I felt happy, sad and exited. I was wondering when I finished the book. I don't think it was a good ending at all. I think kids would like to read this book because it has really suprising characters and an awesome plot. I also also think kids who like funny and surprising books would love this book. The authors writing style is very hysterical and that might interest readers along with his very descriptive settings, cool characters and the never ending fun.