1 The Stray Dog

The Stray Dog

Written by Mark Simont

Illustrated by Mark Simont

Reviewed by Gaby L. (age 8)

The Stray Dog

This story is about a family who goes on a picnic and finds a stray dog. They played until it was time to go home. They named him Willy. The whole week the family had Willy on their minds. Then they went for a picnic again and found Willy who was in a big hurry because the dogcatcher was right behind him. Do they keep Willy or does the dogcatcher get him? You will have to read the book to find out.

I liked this book because it is about a dog and I like dogs. This book is funny in some ways too. I think this book would be good for all kids who like sad and funny books. My favorite part is when they find the dog and get to keep him. I thought this was a great book.

I think kids and adults will like this book because this is an interesting book and a little funny. If you like dogs then this book would probably be a good book for you. Also, if you like going on picnics you would probably like this book too. This book kept me guessing because you never knew if the dog was going to come back or not. That is why I thought this was a great book.