1 Andrew Lost on the Dog

Andrew Lost on the Dog

Written by J.C. Greenburg

Illustrated by Debbie Palen

Reviewed by student in The New South Bronx #1 Players

At times, science can be your worst enemy or your best friend. That is what I learned in this book. This book is about a boy named Andrew Dubble. He invents a machine that allows him to shrink objects. But he accidently shrinks himself and his cousin, Judy Dubble. They awaken to find themselves on the neighbor's dog, Harley! Their only hope is to find Judy's shrunken helicopter.

My favorite part was when they climbed Harley's head. They were both courageous during their quest. They were considered lucky to survive. Thanks to their survival skills, they lived through some deadly situations like when Judy almost got eaten by the dog. That is why I liked that part.

The illustrations are okay. It's just that they are in black and white. I like books without pictures. That gives me a chance to use my imagination. That's just how I like to read. People might want to read this book because it gets hilarious. Especially when they get in Harley's nose. They get covered in boogers. I also like when Judy almost gets eaten.

I think this book is very exciting. I like this book because it is both exciting and educational at the same time. My favorite character, Thudd, is a mini robot who always says the right thing at the right time. I dislike the neighbor because had picked the wrong time to give Harley a bath since Judy and Andrew were still on Harley. I think the illustrations would be better if the pictures were in color. I recommend this book to people who are interested in learning about dogs. I also recommend this book to people who like reading books with their imagination.