All the Colors of the Earth

Written by Sheila Hamanaka • Illustrated by Shiela Hamanaka

Reviewed by James H. (age 7), Shaniqua D. (age 7) and Michelle (age 7)

If you love to look at beautiful colors, this is the book for you. In this book you learn that every color can have a special meaning. The book used adults, children, places, animals, and plants to show the many colors of the earth.

We think the pictures were very colorful and fun to look at. It looks like they were done with oil pastels I (Shaniqua) enjoyed the story and the colors. I (Larson) loved when the book talked about the different colors of the children because in my classroom the children also have different colors and hair too. I (Micheal) enjoyed the fun places and games that the book showed and talked about. I (James) favorite part was when the book showed how colors and love go together.

We recommend this book to teachers to help their classes to learn colors. Also parents should read this book to their babies. The babies will like to look at the colorful pages.

James H., Shaniqua D. and Michelle are members in Union Settlement - Washington Houses Community Center's School Age 1 (2001-2002)