1 Click, Clack, Moo Cows that Type

Click, Clack, Moo Cows that Type

Written by Doreen Cronin

Illustrated by Betsy Lewin

Reviewed by Mike L. (age 8) & Stephanie C. (age 7)

Click, Clack, Moo Cows that Type

A farmer has a problem, his cows can type. Since they can type, they write letters to the farmer saying that they want electric blankets. The farmer says no! Then they write another letter telling the farmer, "Sorry, we're closed. No milk today!" The cows start typing again. Then the hens join the cows on strike. The farmer decided enough is enough and he started typing to the cows. The animals have a meeting. How will the farmer and the animals work it out? If you want to know the ending you have to read the book.

We think this book is really funny. Our favorite funny parts are when the hens get cold and they want electric blankets and when the hens go on strike with the cows. The animals annoy the farmer and this reminds Michael when his older brother annoys him. This reminds Stephanie when she annoys her dad when she plays around on his boat. Michael and Stephanie liked the illustrations because the pictures take up the whole page and help tell the story. It looks the pictures are painted. This book won a Caldecot Medal.

Michael and Stephanie both thought this book was easy for all ages because it's easy to read. There's not too many words on each page. This book might interest readers because it's very funny and silly. It has cows that type and hens on strike and that is not normal. If you like silly animals and fiction stories this is the right book for you.