1 Bill and Pete Go Down the Nile

Bill and Pete Go Down the Nile

Written by Tomie de Paola

Illustrated by Tomie de Paola

Reviewed by Melissa P. (age 7) & Jamie S. (age 8)

Bill and Pete Go Down the Nile

If you like class trips, you will like this book a lot. A crocodile named Bill and his little bird friend named Pete went on a class trip to Egypt. They had to save the Sacred Eye of Isis so the bad guy would not steal it. If anyone touched it they would have bad luck, especially bad guys! The bad guys shoved Bill into a sarcophagus so he couldn't stop them. Pete saved the day by wrapping up the bad guy with toilet paper like a mummy. You will have to read the book to find out what their reward is!

This funny book is good for all ages. When Bill says "stinks" instead of "sphinx", we both laughed very hard. Bill and Pete are a great team because they work together like our class does. We can tell Bill and Pete like school because of the way they act. They are very excited about learning and their trip. I, Jamie, did not like when the bad guys said to BIll, "shut up, you walking suitcase." I thought that was really mean. I would never say that to someone, especially to a crocodile. I, Melissa, got tricked at the part when the helpers of the bad guy got dressed up in confusing costumes. Be careful you don't get confused and tricked in this book. This book is not a Caldecot winner but the pictures are great! We think Tomie de Paola is amazing because he did both the pictures and the words. That's our opinion, we wonder what yours will be!

The lesson in this story is never, ever steal or you might get bad luck and we're not taking any chances.

If you like going down the Nile to Egypt on a class trip, you would like this book a lot! Stay with your eyes wide open for those tricky bad guys. If you read or hear this story, Bill and Pete go Down the Nile, we bet you'll love it.