1 Junie B. Jones and That Meanie Jim's Birthday

Junie B. Jones and That Meanie Jim's Birthday

Written by Barbara Park

Illustrated by Denise Brunkus

Reviewed by Zachary Z. (age 8) & Jisoo K. (age 8)

Have you've ever had an annoying boy in your class? Well, Junie B. Jones has one. He's having a birthday party. Everyone in his class is invited, but ... one person. You guessed it! It was Junie B. Jones! When Junie B. Jones finds out she is not invited she's in a big slump. She always bothers Meanie Jim. The next morning when Junie B. wakes up she has a brilliant idea. (But that's what she thinks) Suddenly her grandfather called on the phone! He said he is going to fix the upstairs toilet. Junie B. Jones thinks fixing a toilet is a dream come true. Does she go to Jim's birthday party? Or does she fix the upstairs toilet with her grandfather? Read the book to find out.

We think the illustrations are fantastic because they are detailed and funny. Our favorite picture is when Junie B. Jones is wrestling with her mother while her mother is getting her dressed. It reminds Jisoo of when her mother and she fought about clothes. It reminds Zach of when he didn't get invited to a birthday party.

Jisoo's favorite character is Junie B. Jones because she is the funniest little girl she has ever seen. Zachary's favorite character is Meanie Jim because he is a very stubborn boy and Zachary is too. Well sometimes.

This book is part of a series and we like books that are part of a series. Jisoo learned a lesson. It was that she could not do everything at the same time. Zachary learned that he should always look on the bright side.

We recommend this book to children who think they're the only ones with problems. This book will help anybody age ten or under with even the worst problem forget about their own problems. Any kid will laugh at the book and forget about their troubles.