1 A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time

Written by Madeline L'Engle

Illustrated by Cliff Nielson

Reviewed by Naomi K. (age 9)

A Wrinkle in Time

If you like adventure, excitement and laughter, this is the book for you. It is called A Wrinkle in Time. What if your father was going somewhere but you didn't know where and he never came back? You would feel sad. Well, that is how Meg Murray is feeling. It seems like everything bad happens to her. Kids beat her up, her father is missing and she is the only person in her family that is always crying at the name of her father. He little brother Charles Wallace knows everything about her. Like when she will come in the kitchen for a midnight snack. Charles Wallace would probably be down there waiting.

Charles Wallace knows these three women named Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which. One evening they come out with Charles Wallace and say, "We are going to find your father." Are they going to find Meg and Charles Wallace's father? Read this book and see.

In A Wrinkle in Time, my favorite part was when Charles Wallace is being controlled by "It." "It" is a brain that makes everything move in rhythm. "It" is bad. It is trying to get Charles Wallace to join the brain of "It," but Charles Wallace is trying not to. He is trying not to fall into "It's" rhythm so he is saying rhymes and poetry instead of following what "It" wants him to say. That is my favorite part because Charles Wallace says things that have nothing to do with what is going on. For example, he starts reciting The Gettysburg Address and "Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater."

I liked A Wrinkle in Time because it is a book that is funny, scary, adventurous, and exciting. This book I liked because I enjoy thrilling books that you can't put down.

I would recommend this book to people who like adventure. This is a magical adventure you will never forget. I hope you will read this book because it is a very good book.