1 The Wide Window

The Wide Window

Written by Lemony Snicket

Illustrated by Brett Helquist

Reviewed by Amanda H. (age 10)

The Wide Window

Imagine you have a villain after your fortune. When the Baudelaire orphans are sitting on Damocles Dock, they are waiting for a taxi to take them to Aunt Josephine's house. When they get there they go to the store. They meet Captain Sham. However, Captain Sham is really an evil villain called Count Olaf. When Aunt Josephine was defiantly fooled until she is forced out the window by him. She is forced to leave a note saying the orphans are left in his care. Mr. Poe thinks he is a good guy and lets him sign the contract. The children cause an allergic reaction and go back to Aunt Josephine's house. When look at the notes grammatical errors it spells "Curdled Cave." What does it mean to find out read The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket.

The Wide Window is part of a series called "The Series of Unfortunate Events." There are very few pictures in this book and the few pictures are black and white. My favorite part is when the kids were in the middle of the lake with the Lachrymose Leeches because Josephine was in a panic.

I recommend this book because it is a cool book. If you like books with unhappy children, hurricanes, and evil villains you will like this book.