1 A-Z Mysteries: The Bald Bandit

A-Z Mysteries: The Bald Bandit

Written by Ron Roy

Illustrated by John Steven Gurney

Reviewed by Sofia T. (age 8)

A-Z Mysteries:  The Bald Bandit

If you like mysteries then this is definitely the book for you. It involves a lot of mysterious adventures and fun. In A - Z Mysteries, The Bald Bandit, Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose(the main characters) are trying to track down a kid who is in high school that video taped a robber who robbed Green Lawn Savings Bank. They look for him first at the high school but too many kids came out at once. They couldn't talk to two people at once and keep an eye out at the same time. In addition, Ruth Rose reminded the boys that, that night was Halloween and they could ask the neighborhood people if they knew the kid as they were trick or treating. I think the theme of this story is how they were trying to do a good deed and trying to solve the mystery. You will have to read the book to find out if they solve the mystery or will the crook run loose?

This book was a mirror image to me because I like to solve mysteries. I love this book because Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose are very funny, clever and smart like they usually are in most of their books. I think in the book it was funny when Dink said “If you see a skinny redhead stop him and yell” because if they yelled the kid would have thought they were crazy and he would run away. I also thought it was funny when Josh was being sarcastic and he said to Dink “You just look like a skinny third grader wearing false teeth” Lastly, I thought it was unique when the barber was like “All six of ‘em nice kids and every last one is a red head” when he was talking about Lucky’s family.

I recommend this book to children 7 to 13 years of age to read this book because Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose are very nice and smart characters. If you like mysteries then this is definitely the book for you.