1 The Lighthouse Mystery

The Lighthouse Mystery

Written by Gertrude Chandler Warner

Illustrated by David Cunningham

Reviewed by Lauren R. (age 9)

The Lighthouse Mystery

It's summer vacation, and the Aldens have decided to spend a couple weeks in a lighthouse. While they are there they meet Mr. Hall, the owner of a grocery store, the Cook family, and Mr. Snow, a boat captain. The first night that they are there when the clock struck midnight their dog Watch started to bark, and the hair on his back stood up, as though someone was there. The next night when Watch started to bark again Jesse and Violet looked out the window to see if anyone was there, and when they looked out into the darkness of the night, they saw a strange woman walking across the beach carrying something, but to find out who it is, and what she's carrying you'll have to read the book.

My favorite part of the book is the end. I like the end the best because that's when they solve the mystery. This book is part of a series. All the books in this series have two things in common. They are all mysteries, and they all have the same main charachters. There is one person in this book that reminds me of someone I know. His name is Benny. Benny reminds me of my brother because they both ask a lot of questions. I think this is a great book because it has a very good ending.

I recommend this book because it has a lot of exciting things going on every time you pick it up and read it. I recommend this book to people who love mysteries. I think that the way they solve the mystery will interest the reader. This book makes me feel very excited because of what they do and how thy do it. I loved this book and I hope you will to.