1 The Landry News

The Landry News

Written by Andrew Clements

Illustrated by Salvatore Murocca

Reviewed by Patrick L. (age 10)

The Landry News

"New kid gets old teacher!" When Cara Landry transfers to a new school, she gets Mr. Larson. He is a teacher that doesn't teach but reads, drinks coffee, and gets pushed around by the principal, Dr. Barnes. Mr. Larson has a special bulletin board where special writing is posted. But when Cara posts her private newspaper on the bulletin board, the problems begin. Mr. Larson gets a wrong guess about how perfect it is, and a whole lot of trouble starts with Cara, her friends, Mr. Larson, and the principal. Let me tell you she went way too far, so far she made it a school newspaper. Good luck Cara.

I think that the illustrator, Salvator Murocca, could put more pictures and colors in the book. But I have to say the way they made each chapter like an article in a newspaper was very imaginative. Also I liked when Mr. Larson's head gets red, but he gets mad too, which I think is too harsh for a 5th grade teacher.

I recommend this book because of all the craziness involved. I mostly think that people who can't find a good book to read should read this book; although if you can find a good book you should read this anyway. I thought that all the surprises made me not want to put it down, so be sure to read The Landry News