1 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Written by J.K. Rowling

Illustrated by Mary Grandpre

Reviewed by Amelia B. (age 9)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Do you like magic? Well if you do, you will like this book. Harry Potter is a boy who has a terrible life with the Dursleys. His mean Uncle Vernon, his horrible Aunt Petunia and worst of all, his brother Dudley. But all of that is about to change. All of a sudden, Harry starts to receive more and more letters that say ‘’Harry, you are invited to a place called Hogwarts a school of wizardry and witchcraft. ’’There, he finds friends, good and evil, and a lot of excitement.

I LOVED this book so much because I am someone who likes stories about magic and this is an extreme magic story! My favorite character in the book is Hermione. She is a brave and a strong girl and I can relate to that. My favorite part is the ending because I never thought it would turn out this way.

I recommend this book to all kids who enjoy magic, spells and wizards. The book was really surprising to me. There were a lot of clues that lead to entertaining characters being the evil ones but they turned out to be the good ones...the heros! If you like magic and fighting for good and evil you will like this book.