1 Galaxy Zack Hello, Nebulon!

Galaxy Zack Hello, Nebulon!

Written by Ray ORyan

Illustrated by Colin Jack

Reviewed by Nico P. (age 9)

Galaxy Zack Hello, Nebulon!

Zack is sad that he is leaving Earth and going to Nebulon because he will miss his best friend Bert. When Zack is in a space cruiser on his way to Nebulon, he has a bad dream that his new teacher was a giant two-headed snake and the students were slimy creatures with dripping tentacles. Next, he gets to Nebulon and meets Zack’s dad’s new boss, Fred Stevens, and they get to pick out a car. Then, they go home and get into a flying elevator. After that, Zack’s mom and dad go into the kitchen, and Zack and his sisters go to their rooms. When Zack gets to his room, he goes to this giant computer and the screen says, “Hello, Zack.” Zack explores his room some more and then his mom calls him and says, “Dinnertime,” and Zack has pizza with pepperoni shaped like stars. Zack feels Nebulon is a little bit better now. But then his mom says that she registered him at Sprockets Academy and tomorrow is the first day. Zack is worried that he’s not going to make friends at school and he is up all night thinking about that. The next day, Zack meets his teacher and she is human, too. Will Zack be happy in Nebulon? Will he make friends? You should read the book to find out!

This book has funny illustrations. For example, there is a pizza with silly-looking bugs on it. My favorite illustration in the book is when Zack has dinner and is eating a pepperoni pizza because the pizza looks so good! I think that Nebulon is so cool and different from Earth. They have space cruisers instead of cars and the elevators are different too because they fly around. They have this robot called IRA and he is an indoor robotic assistant. I like Zack and I feel bad for him because he leaves Earth and his best friend and he is sad.

I would recommend this book to kids in second through fifth grade who like outer space because the book’s setting is outer space on the planet Nebulon (even though I know Nebulon is not a real planet). Kids who like technology would also like this book!