1 The Trouble With Chickens

The Trouble With Chickens

Written by Doreen Cronin

Illustrated by Kevin Cornell

Reviewed by Katelyn P. (age 9)

The Trouble With Chickens

One day a retired search and rescue dog, J.J. met a chicken. Her name was Millicent but J.J. called her Moosh. Moosh had 4 chicks named Dirt, Sugar, Sweetie and Poppy. J.J.’s real name is Jonathan Joseph Tully. Moosh came to J.J. because Sweetie was kidnaped and Dirt found a note that says “I have your peeps. It behooves you to rendezvous. Twilight. Your place.” What does the note even mean? They found out who kidnapped Sweetie but I am not going to tell you because you have to read the book to find out what happened.

What I thought about the book is that it is so funny and hilarious. I loved the book. I think you will like this because the characters are so silly. My favorite part was when J.J. bonked into the wall it made me laugh very hard. I felt like smiling the whole time because this book is so funny. The whole book was mysterious, it made me wonder how they were going to solve the problem the whole time.

I think other kids should read this book because this book is so funny and hilarious. A 3rd – 7th grader should read this book because I think they might have fun reading this book. The book will make you laugh and you’ll want to read more books after you finish this one!