1 Mr. Putter and Tabby Pick the Pears

Mr. Putter and Tabby Pick the Pears

Written by Cynthia Rylant

Illustrated by Arthur Howard

Reviewed by Rex S. (age 7)

Mr. Putter and Tabby Pick the Pears

In the book Mr. Putter and Tabby Pick the Pears, Mr. Putter is the main character and Tabby is not. Mr. Putter is funny in the book Mr. Putter and Tabby Pick the Pears. Mr. Putter had an idea in his head. The idea he had was when he was a boy he was really good at slingshots. Mr. Putter got a pair of underwear that he got for his birthday and then he found a stick then he made a slingshot. Mr. Putter had a pear tree and wanted to get some of the pears off the tree to make pear jelly. Then his neighbor, Mrs. Teaberry came with her small dog, Zeke. They were sitting on the porch with no pear jelly. If you want to know find out what happens next, you’ll have to read the book!

I loved the book because the book made me feel different feelings. I felt a little sad when Mr. Putter missed suppertime. It was funny when he made a slingshot out of underwear and a stick. I was happy when he was remembering about when Mr. Putter was a boy with his rubber band and a stick.

I think that first graders, second graders and third graders should read this book. I think that funny people should read this book too.