1 Cam Jansen The Mystery of the Television Dog

Cam Jansen The Mystery of the Television Dog

Written by David A. Adler

Illustrated by Susanna Natti

Reviewed by Catherine L. (age 8)

Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Television Dog is about Cam and Eric trying to find a famous television dog. Cam and Eric and Eric’s twin sisters are at the bookstore waiting in line to meet the famous dog named Poochie. There is a man at the front of the line and he had a dog named Cloudy that looked like Poochie. Poochie came out of the car with his trainer and walked into the bookstore and sat on the table to shake paws with people and sign their books. The man on line dropped his dog treats and Poochie jumped off the table and chased Cloudy for the treats. The trainer and the man picked up the dogs. Cam is a detective and she noticed that Poochie is not real when the twins pet Poochie and ink got on them because when Cam pet him earlier, ink didn’t rub off on her. She realized that the dog wasn’t Poochie, but the problem was she needed a plan to find the real Poochie. Read the book to find out what Cam’s plan is and what happens next!

I like a lot of things about this book. I think this book is interesting because the author has great writing. My proof is David A. Adler uses descriptive words that make me imagine pictures in my mind. Another thing is I love Cam’s personality because she solves the mystery and never gives up. My proof is she solved the mystery and never said we can’t do this even though she had trouble finding out her plan. Also, the plan in this book was complicated. My proof is it included breaking into someone’s house, and crazy distractions like when the twins kept tapping on the windows to distract the man from Cam looking in his house for Poochie.

I think kids in 2nd to 4th grade should read this book if they like mystery books because it is full of surprises. I like all of the characters’ personalities because if Cam has a crazy plan or something Cam and Eric will always encourage each other and never say we can’t do this. I believe you should read Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Television Dog if you like dogs and good characters.