1 Sisters

Sisters

Written by Raina Telgemeier

Illustrated by Raina Telgemeier

Reviewed by Gianna C. (age 9)

Sisters

“Why did I ask for a sister?” Read Raina Telgemeier to find out what happens between a girl and her sister.

To begin with, this story was about a girl named Raina who has a sister and they don’t like each other very much. One day their parents decide that their whole family is going on a road trip. While on the trip, Raina thinks about when she was little and when she wanted a sister, but after her sister was born she didn’t want a sister anymore. After that, her mom had a boy and so she wasn’t happy either. The trip they go on is to Colorado for a family reunion. When they all had to share a room because their apartment was too small, no one was very happy. She had a hard time on the road trip with her sister. But then, they realize that they have to help their parents and they start to learn how to work together.

In addition, I think that the book was great because it had two sisters that can never get along. This is pretty much like me and my sister! Another thing is one of the characters are really interesting. The person who is really interesting is Raina because she is just like me. She doesn’t like snakes and she likes to listen to music. My favorite part was when the dad came home with a computer and the dad showed Raina and her little sister Amara a drawing app. This was my favorite because Amara went on the computer and never got off and then put a blanket around her so nobody could bother her so it was pretty funny. Not funny to Raina the big sister, but funny for me reading it.

In conclusion, this book is perfect for girls with sisters. I also think this is a great book for ages 6 and older. Go check it out at the library right now!