1 Clementine

Clementine

Written by Sara Pennypacker

Illustrated by Marla Frazee

Reviewed by Lindsay M. (age 8)

Clementine

In Clementine, by Sara Pennypacker, Clementine has a very bad week. In the beginning, Clementine is in art when her friend Margaret goes to the bathroom obviously trying not to cry. Clementine decided to fallow her. When she got there Margaret had glue in her hair, and asked Clementine to cut all her hair off. Next, the art teacher saw and sent Clementine to the principal. The rest of the week didn’t get any better. Maybe things will get better next week, or maybe not, you have to read the book to find out.

I think Clementine is an amazing book. First, I think the words and pictures in Clementine really go together. For example, Clementine puts her brother in a bowl and spins him. I know from the words and pictures. Second, I think a lot of people can relate to Clementine. I think that because a lot of people make bad choices just like Clementine. Finally, I think Clementine can think of the best ideas. For example, she thought of a way to get a flock of pigeons to move without having to do anything!

I recommend Clementine to elementary kids in fourth and third grade who get in trouble a lot and have perfect best friends. Clementine is in third and Margaret is in fourth. Kids who get in trouble a lot would like this book because Clementine gets in trouble a lot. Also, kids who have perfect best friends would like it because Clementine is very messy and Margaret is very perfect.