1 Clementine and the Spring Trip

Clementine and the Spring Trip

Written by Sara Pennypacker

Illustrated by Marla Frazee

Reviewed by Parker K. (age 8)

Clementine and the Spring Trip

In Clementine and the Spring Trip, By Sara Pennypacker and illustrated by Marla Frazee, Clementine is worried about the eating sounds rule and is worried about bus 7. In the beginning, Clementine is excited about the spring trip because she gets to touch everything since her partner doesn’t want to. But Olive, the new student, is her partner because Clementine’s teacher trusts her to be Olive’s partner. In the middle, Margret tells Clementine about the eating sounds and Clementine is scared. The next day was the big day the day of the Spring Trip, and when Clementine’s class got outside they all saw bus 7! Find out if they go on bus 7 or not!!!!

Clementine and the Spring Trip is a very interesting book. I liked that the author gives lots of details and is very specific in their writing. In the story, the author makes very specific choices in the book. I think this book is very realistic. In the story, a girl named Clementine is facing problems like an everyday person. I also liked the illustrations because they really tell where the story takes place. On the cover, I can really tell where Clementine is and what she is about to do.

I would recommend this book to third and fourth graders. It teaches kids to be brave, because Clementine is scared about the eating sounds. But Clementine believed that it wasn’t right so she stood up for herself. Also it teaches kids to be kind to others even if you don’t know them. It is still nice to be friendly to everybody. Lastly, it teaches kids to respect others and their differences because NO two people are alike.