1 Magic Treehouse: Afternoon in the Amazon

Magic Treehouse: Afternoon in the Amazon

Written by Mary Pope Osborne

Reviewed by Braylon F. (age 8)

I recommend "Magic Treehouse Afternoon on the Amazon" to you. This is about a boy called Jack and a girl called Annie. They go on cool adventures! In this book they go to a rainforest. They have to find the first M thing for Morgan. Morgan is a fairy! Annie and Jack find a note from Morgan. It tells them that they must find a M thing so Morgan could escape the spell. She used a spell, but she gets trapped by her spell. So Jack and Annie go to the magic treehouse to try to save her. So they find a book opened on a certain page and Jack says, "I wish we could go there" so the magic treehouse starts to spin and the wind pressure gets high and then it suddenly stops and everything is quiet and cold. And they realize they are in the rainforest!

My favorite character is Jack. Jack is brave and smart! He is brave when he tells Annie he will go first into something that might scare them. He is smart because he writes a lot of facts about the rainforest. My favorite part is when Jack and Annie see monkeys and the monkeys start to throw fruit at them! I like the author. Her name is Mary Pope Osborne. She is a good author because she always uses her imagination to make stories up. Mary Pope Osborne writes over 50 books of the magic treehouse.

I recommend the book to readers who like adventures. I also recommend it to ages 8 to 30. So start to read all of the books in the series!