1 A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning

A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning

Written by Lemony Snicket

Reviewed by Nellie K. (age 8)

In the beginning, of The Series of Unfortunate Events the Bad Beginning By Lemony Snicket Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire’s parents died in a dreadful fire and was forced to live with a distant relative named Count Olaf. Next, they found out that Count Olaf was evil and wants to steal their fortune and has a master plan. Then they did not know how to get out of this horrible trap that they are in. After that, Count Olaf trapped Sunny in a dangling cage to steal their fortune! How will she get out!! In the end, it was very tense will they get Olaf in jail? Will they get out of the trap? Will they get Sunny out of there? Well you just have to read to find out!

In my opinion The Series of Unfortunate Events the Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket is the best book I’ve ever read. First of all, my favorite part was when Violet made a grappling hook out of clothes. Second, it made me feel tense because it is hard to tell what will happen next. Lastly, this book reminds me of my family because I have two siblings to a boy and a girl. I recommend this book to 3rd-7th graders and people who like cliff hangers and tenseness if you do this is the book for you!

If you like books that are tense, alarming, and kind of sad then this is the book for you! Do you like rivalry between three kids and a distant relative then read the Series Of Unfortunate Events The Bad Beginning By Lemony Snicket. I think this book gets 5 out of 5 stars because even in hard times they find hope, love, and courage where ever they go. I recommend this book to 3rd-7th graders because it’s pretty thick. I think if you think your life is hard compare it to theirs.