1 The Penderwicks

The Penderwicks

Written by Jeanne Birdsall

Illustrated by David Frankland

Reviewed by Nadia S. (age 11)

The Penderwicks

"Get out of my gardens!" cries Mrs. Tiffton when the four Penderwick sisters, Rosalind, Skye, Jane, and Batty, visit a beautiful estate called Arundel. They meet an interesting boy named Jeffery who plays the piano, a gardener named Cagney who Rosalind falls in love with, a maid named Churchie who loves the girls, and Mrs. Tiffton who's not the nicest person you'll ever meet. Join the four Penderwick sisters on a beautiful, dangerous, and fun journey through Arundel Gardens.

This book is very exciting when Rosalind and Batty go on a chase for Cagney's bunnies. It is also quite funny when Rosalind flirts. My favorite part if this book is when Batty is in a bull field picking flowers and someone has to save her because it is very exciting and I had a lot of anxiety and I got really scared that Batty was going to die. It was sad when the four Penderwick sisters have to leave in the end.

I would recommend this book to people who like exciting and adventurous books. Also to grades 5th-7th and maybe even 8th. Or people who like realistic fiction.