1 Dewey the Library Cat

Dewey the Library Cat

Written by Bill Myer

Reviewed by Lila R. (age 8)

Dewey the Library Cat

Dewey the Library Cat is a book about a cat that was abandoned in a library book drop slot, it tells about Vicki Myron and how she took Dewey in and the adventures they have. Vicki loves Dewey and would do anything for him. But sometimes he can be a bit of a sneaky cat. When Dewey gets photographers and camera men coming to work on him the library is busier than ever. When a disabled girl comes to the library Dewey makes her happy. Everybody loves Dewey he makes them happy but could something happen that makes everyone depressed???

I think that Dewey the Library cat is an amazing book! One reason I like this book is because Dewey is hilarious and adorable. He even gets photographers to come take pictures of him.to come take pictures of him. Another reason I like this book is because “Dewey makes people happy” like Vicki would say, so as a reader he makes you happy too. The last reason I like this book is because there’s tons of surprises. If you want to find out what they are then you should read Dewey the Library Cat by Vicki Myron.

I would recommend this book to kids who love cats in grades three to five.