1 Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Written by Judy Blume

Illustrated by Roy Doty

Reviewed by Leah C. (age 7)

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

This chapter book is about a boy named Peter and his little brother Fudge. Both of them are the main characters. Peter is about ten years old, and Fudge is about two or three. Fudge is annoying to Peter. One reason is because he goes into Peter’s bedroom a lot and takes things out of it without asking. He also eats a lot of things. For example once he ate flowers. This book is really funny. A lot of silly things happen. Like when Peter takes Fudge to a playground and someone loses their teeth. One time Fudge thinks he is a barber and cuts his own hair!!

This book reminds me of when I was three. I ate a lot of things I shouldn’t have!! One of my favorite parts was when the family had out of town guests. They brought presents for both Peter and Fudge. Peter got a book that he already had, but pretended he’d never seen it before. Fudge reminds me of a character in the book, Whatever After Sink or Swim because there’s a little boy in that story too. They are both young and have little brothers. Another reason is because they both do crazy stuff.

This book is full of adventures, especially for Fudge! I think this book must be unique because everyone in my class LOVED it!

I would recommend this book for kids aged six to nine. Five out of five stars for Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing.