1 Thunder Cake

Thunder Cake

Written by Patricia Polacco

Illustrated by Patricia Polacco

Reviewed by Kamelia A. (age 10)

Thunder Cake

In the story "Thunder Cake" there was a girl and a grandmother. The girl was afraid of thunder. The grandmother tried not to make her afraid. So the grandmother thought of making a thunder cake. The grandmother didn't have all the ingredients to make the cake so she kept the girl busy by telling her to go and get them. But the granddaughter was still scared. The girl had to get eggs from the chickens outside, and milk from the cows. I think that you should read the rest of the story to see what happens. Will the girl stay scared or not? Will they finish the cake? Read to find out.

This was a very good book because it shows you how not to be scared of thunder. The girl character reminded me of my little sister because she is afraid of thunder. I try to make my sister not afraid by playing games with her. The girl changed at the end of the story because she learned not to be scared of the thunder.

I think you should read this book because it shows you how not to be afraid of thunder. I am going to read it to my little sister so she will not be afraid.