1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Reviewed by Zane Q (age 9)

Because of Winn Dixie

There's a girl in the book Because of Winn-Dixie named India Opal Buloni who went to get some groceries at the Winn-Dixie grocery store. When she walked in everyone was yelling and running. Opal saw a dog running all over the place. The grocery store manager wanted to send that dog to the pound, but Opal said, “That's my dog!”

Later on in the story, Opal and Winn-Dixie (that's the dog's name) meet some friends on trips to different places. Like when Opal went to get Winn-Dixie a collar and a leash, then they met Otis. They meet even more friends throughout the book.

My favorite part is when Winn-Dixie ran off into the witch's yard and ended up getting peanut butter. I can relate to Opal because when she met Winn-Dixie she made a lot of friends, and when I met Elliott I made a lot of friends. I really liked this book because it is an exciting and heartwarming book with lots of surprises.

I recommend this book to people who like animal and excitement because the book Because of Winn-Dixie has both.