1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Reviewed by Alex H (age 9) & Kaden P (age 9)

Because of Winn Dixie

In this book Because of Winn-Dixie, a girl named India Opal Buloni finds a dog in a grocery store named Winn-Dixie. She takes the dog home and names it Winn-Dixie because it is the name of the store. Winn-Dixie helps Opal meet new friends. Towards the end of the story Winn-Dixie runs away because of a thunder storm. To find out what happens to Winn-Dixie read the book.

I'm Alex, and I liked the book Because of Winn-Dixie because it is a great story, and it gives you a mixture of feelings like happy, scared, and mad when you're reading it. My favorite part is when Opal meets Winn-Dixie at the grocery store and claims him as her own. I made a connection with Opal in this book because I have a love for dogs, not only dogs, but all animals, just like Opal does.

I'm Kaden, and I like the book Because of Winn-Dixie because I like dogs, and this book reminds me of my dog Mickey. Plus, Winn-Dixie helps Opal met lots and lots of new friends in her new town. I made a connection because my dog, Mickey, ran away like Winn-Dixie did at the end, but I was not lucky enough to find his dog. I have two favorite parts. One is when Winn-Dixie went into Gloria dump's house and ate her peanut butter sandwich. My other favorite part is when Opal took Winn-Dixie as her own and saved him from the pound. Since Winn-Dixie saved Opal from a lonely life, they became instant friends.

We think Because of Winn-Dixie should be for people who like dogs and meeting new people and adventures. We would recommend this book to people of all ages. If you can't read it on your own, someone else can read it to you. Since it's a heartwarming story that everybody will love, we strongly recommend this book to you by 100% guaranteed.