1 The Twits

The Twits

Reviewed by J.D. (age 8)

The Twits

The Twits is a book about two really mean old people called Mr. and Mrs. Twit who play mean tricks on each other. Every Wednesday they have bird pie for supper. Mr. Twit catches the birds and Mrs. Twit cooks the birds. Mr. and Mrs. Twit have a big dead tree and Mr. Twit puts glue all over the tree. So when the birds land on the tree they are stuck to the branches. The Twits also have four pet monkeys in a cage. They make the monkeys do everything upside down. What happens throughout the book with the Twits, the birds, and the monkeys is really hilarious!

I like the book because it's funny. I like the part when Mr. and Mrs. Twit get turned upside down because they were being mean to the monkeys. I disliked Mr. and Mrs. Twit because they were mean and selfish. I liked the monkeys because they were smart. This book is like all of the other Roald Dahl books because it is funny and full of surprises. The lesson in this book is don't be mean or the other person will be mean back.

I think this book is good for kids who can read chapter books. If you like Roald Dahl's books, read this one. You'll be laughing your head off!