1 Officer Buckle And Gloria

Officer Buckle And Gloria

Written by Peggy Rathman

Illustrated by Peggy Rathman

Reviewed by Max W. (age 7)

Officer Buckle And Gloria

Dear Reader,

If you like funny books, then try Officer Buckle and Gloria. This is a book about a policeman named Officer Buckle and his dog, Gloria. In this story Officer Buckle doesn’t even follow his own rules and gets himself in trouble.

This book is funny because no one is listening to Office Buckle's safety tips until Gloria starts acting out what he is saying. Officer Buckle doesn't know it because she is doing it behind his back. Another reason it's funny is because Officer Buckle thinks the children are interested in what he is saying, but they are watching Gloria. The audience roared with laughter.

Officer Buckle doesn’t follow his own safety tip because he jumped on a swivel chair. If you look at the picture it looks like Officer Buckle is falling off a swivel chair and he looks so scared! He really should take his own advice.

My favorite part is when Officer Buckle is talking at a school about slips and falls. Gloria stands on her head behind Officer Buckle to act out what he is saying. I think you would like this book because it is so funny and silly.

Happy Reading,

Max