1 The Giving Tree

The Giving Tree

Written by Shel Silverstein

Illustrated by Shel Silverstein

Reviewed by Tiffany O. (age 10) & Ashley R. (age 9)

The Giving Tree

This book is about a boy and a tree. They played different games when the boy was young. As the boy grew older he asked the tree for things that he needed and the tree gave it to him. One time the tree asked the boy to play with her, but the boy said, "I am too old to play." We are not going to tell you the ending, find it out yourself.

(Tiffany's opinion) My opinion about the book is that it is a very good story, because it talks about friends. I recommend this book to the people that need to make friends. My favorite part is when the boy plays with the tree. The lesson I learned from the story is to be friends with everyone. Besides that, I think the illustrator should put more color in the pictures.

(Ashley's opinion) My opinion of this book is that it is a story that teaches about friendship. I recommend this book to people who had a best friend in the past. You should hold on to that friend. This story reminds me of an incident with my friend Tiffany (which I am not going to mention). My favorite part is when the boy plays with the tree. I do think that the pictures should be more colorful.

We recommend this book to people that need help learning how to make friends, because the book talks about friendship. Friendship is a good thing to learn about. We think people would like to read this book, because this book mainly focuses on friendship