When Sophie Gets Angry--Really, Really Angry...

Written by Molly Bang
Illustrated by Molly Bang

Reviewed by Francyne S. (age 9)

When Sophie Gets Angry--Really, Really Angry... illustration will appear here.

This story is about a girl named Sophie. One day her sister took away her gorilla toy when she was playing with it. Her mother said that it was her sisters turn. But Sophie got Really Angry. She ran into the forest then in a little while she started to cry. When she went in she saw a Beech tree and she climbed on it and she felt better. Then when she was coming out of the forest she saw a bird tweeting at her.

I liked the book a lot. My favorite part was when she wanted to smash the world to smithereens. Instead of saying some of the words in the story Sophie spits them out like the word ROAR! The word roar looked like fire coming out of her mouth. This story reminds me of when I got0really angry at my sister when she hit me and my mother said not to hit her back.

Nine years olds and eights and six year olds would like this book because it will remind them about when they get angry in real life and how to calm down. That's what happened in this wonderful book.

Francyne S. is a member in The Technology and Learning Center @ the Armory's Summer Group 2 (2000-2001)