1 Holes

Holes

Written by Louis Sachar

Reviewed by Noah S. (age 9)

Holes

Do you have any friends named Zero or X-ray? You probably don’t, but Stanley Yelnats does. You should read the award-winning book, Holes by Louis Sachar.

To begin with, this story is about Stanley at Camp Green Lake. Camp Green Lake is for boys who did something wrong in their life and are digging holes to (somehow) build character. Stanley is accused of stealing someone’s sneakers but Stanley knows he didn’t steal them. His parents have no clue what Stanley is going through at camp. Stanley writes a letter to his parents saying that he is rock climbing and swimming when he is sweating while digging holes in a desert. Stanley has friends named Zero, Armpit, Squid and X-ray. Stanley also likes to blame his no-good-dirty-rotten-pig-stealing great, great grandfather for a lot of things.

In addition, I enjoyed this book because the author includes details and humor in every chapter. I also like to constantly be in suspense. I ALSO like the book because Stanley’s last name is Yelnats and Yelnats backwards is Stanley. I especially like the part where Stanley finds a mystery box with the name STANLEY YELNATS printed on the top of it.

In conclusion, this book is perfect for anyone at any age. I think you will enjoy this book because it is funny and it leaves you in suspense… A LOT!