1 The Teacher From the Black Lagoon

The Teacher From the Black Lagoon

Written by Mike Thaler

Illustrated by Jared Lee

Reviewed by Emily (age 9)

The Teacher From the Black Lagoon

A boy is walking to school and he is going to have a new gym teacher that year. The new gym teacher was called Mr.Green. The kids thought Mr.Green was big and they thought he was like KING KONG! The kids were terrified about the gym teacher. But at the end the gym teacher suddenly…

My opinion is that the boy should have met the new gym teacher instead of being afraid because they might turn out to be nice or caring and maybe have feelings for the kids at the gym. I once thought that in spaghetti book club one of the volunteers was going to be scary but they turned out to be nice.

I would recommend this to a kid that is having a new gym teacher because in the book there was a little boy who was having a new gym teacher. The boy thought he was going to be scary and look scary but then he meet the new gym teacher and realized that the new gym teacher was actually nice. This can help a kid if they are having a new gym teacher because they can learn a lesson about not judging people before you meet them.