1 Wilma Unlimited: How Wilma Rudolph Became the World's Fastest Woman

Wilma Unlimited: How Wilma Rudolph Became the World's Fastest Woman

Written by Kathleen Krull

Illustrated by David Diaz

Reviewed by Shahed C (age 9)

Wilma Unlimited:  How Wilma Rudolph Became the World's Fastest Woman

Do you like to read sports books? Because if you do you should read Wilma unlimited by Kathleen Krull.

This book is about a woman who had a really hard life because she had 16 brothers and sisters when she was 3 months old. When Wilma was a baby she was very little and her parents thought she might not live very long. When she was little she was having double the colds of her brothers or sisters. If her brother had chicken pox she would have chicken pox and she had pneumonia. One day she had polio and was paralyzed and had to wear a brace. Just before she was 16 she got her brace off but one day before she went to church she went and said that brace can`t stop me from praying or reading the bible and she took off the brace. She walked into the church sat down and started praying. One day she went home from school. She asked her mom to take her brace off. The doctor came and asked if she could take off her brace and the doctor said yes. By the time it was her last year in high school she had a scholarship to Tennessee state university.

I think this book was a great book because it inspired me to play basketball. My favorite part was when she stopped having the brace because she would not have to suffer.

I recommend this book to my brother Nazrul because he loves to play basketball.