How to Train a Dragon: How to Be a Pirate

Written by Cressida Cowell

Reviewed by J.Mc. (age 8)

How to be a pirate is about a boy named Hiccup who finds a man called Alvin. Alvin has a treasure map. After a bully named Snotlout finds the treasure Alvin steals it and fought for it. After the fierce battle, Hiccup and Alvin fall over board! Hiccup sends his trusty dragon Toothless to find somewhere to go but when Toothless comes back with a report. Youíll never guess what Hiccup finds but Iím not telling youíll have to read to find out.

I like this book because it is very funny and adventurous it is so good. It is the second book in the series but it was so good I decided I would read the rest of the series. I loved it so much that I couldnít wait every day at school for reading time. It was one of the best books Iíve read so far in the series. I also like it because itís about Vikings a subject I am really interested in. I love a good book that you canít pull your eyes away from. I find it funny how the names of the Viking tribes are silly like the Bog Burglars, the Meatheads and my favorite of allÖ the Hairy Hooligans How to be a Pirate is absolutely hilarious but so adventurous that it almost seems like itís real. I like this book and I think anyone who likes action and comedy would too. It also has a cool and brave character, a clumsy and not-so-brave character, and a character that is a little bit of both. It takes place in an Archipelago that mighty be hiding something under its waves.

J.Mc. is a student in Ms. Baldwin's 3rd Grade Class
2011-2012