1 It's Raining Cupcakes

It's Raining Cupcakes

Written by Lisa Schroeder

Reviewed by S.L. (age 8)

It's Raining Cupcakes

Do you know someone who opened a shop in their neighborhood? In this book a girl named Isabel is twelve years old. She enjoys spending her spare time in the library, reading and thinking about far away places. When Isabel’s mom decides to open a cupcake shop in the town of Willow, Isabel is stuck like frosting to a cupcake. Isabel thinks it would be really hard to put a shop in town. But when Isabel gives it a try, it’s not so bad. Isabel is struggling on thinking of her first cupcake flavor. She thinks about summer time and how it’s warm. Then she has her idea! Strawberry lemonade! In the summer, everyone is always in the mood for strawberry lemonade. Isabel starts out small, sooner than she can realize, her cupcake shop is very popular. All over the town of Willow there are posters for the bake-off. Isabel decides to compete with the greatest flavor cupcake she could possibly ever think of. Do you think Isabel will win? Read this book to find out.

I liked this book because it is fun to read, the book doesn’t tell the answer of if Isabel wins the bake-off ‘til the ending. This book is part of a series. The second book is called “Sprinkles and Secrets”. This book made me feel curious because I was wondering what would happen next and I wondered if Isabel would win the bake-off. This book makes me wonder why the author thought of writing a book about cupcakes.

If you like books about adventures, I think you will enjoy this book. I think this book is adventurous because Isabel is making all kinds of silly, crazy recipes to find the most perfect cupcake to enter in the bake-off. I recommend this book to people that are in third grade or older. This book’s setting takes place in the town of willow in Oregon. In the book there are very short chapters. If you read this book I hope you will enjoy it. :)