Junie B. Jones and BOO! and I mean It.

Written by Barbara Park
Illustrated by Denise Brunkis

Reviewed by Emma O (age 8)

In the book, Junie B., First Grader BOO and I Mean It, a girl named Junie B. Jones is worried about Halloween because Paulie Ann Puffer, a boy in Junie B.s class told her five scary Halloween secrets. Junie B. wants to be Squirty for Halloween, a clown that squirts people with seltzer in a bottle. She thought that if she squirted the monsters, they would go away.

My favorite part is when Junie B. Jones jumps behind a bush because a girl in a witch costume scared her walking by. I like this part because it is funny to see Junie B. jumping behind a bush. I like the illustrations because there are lots of details and funny sketches. I really like the character Junie B. Jones because she talks to Philip Johnny Bob, her stuffed animal elephant. I think that is funny because she thinks he is real. My least favorite character is May, a girl in Junie B.s class. I dont really like May because she is always tattling on Junie B. Jones. For example, May tattled on Junie B. to Mr. Scary when she was looking in her lunch box.

I recommend this book for kids who like funny books because Junie B. Jones is always doing stuff that is funny. One example is when she jumped behind that bush. I think people in 3rd grade should read this book.

Emma O is a student in Ms. Quindazzi's 3rd Grade Class
2011-2012