This Book is Not Good for You (The Secret Series)

Written by Pseudonymous Bosch

Reviewed by Fiona F (age 8)

In this shocking and scary mystery in the Secret Series, Cass, Max-Ernest and Yo-Yoji (best friends) are trying to find the Tuning Fork. (The Tuning Fork is something that makes a food or drink that you older ancestors had once.) They have to find it because Senor Hugo kidnapped Cassís mom. He wants the Tuning Fork in return. Cass gives the Tuning Fork to Senor Hugo but then she realizes that Senor Hugo didnít give her mom back. Then, Cass and her friends set out to find her mom and she and Yo-Yoji get captured, too! Read the book to find out if Cass saves her friends, her family and herself.

My favorite part in the story is when Cassís mom gets kidnapped because Cass and her friends are on another adventure to save Cassís mom. The cool part was when Yo-Yoji turned into a Samurai because he was doing cool things like training a snake to kick bad guysí butts. The weird part was when Max-Ernestís parents were liking each other. Thatís weird because Max-Ernestís parents are divorced. They are supposed to be fighting, not loving!

I recommend this book to 3rd and 4th graders and to people who like heart pounding mysteries. There are some surprising (scary in a way) secrets that are unknown at first, but that get unveiled. Some evil alchemists are trying to unveil one really big secret.

Fiona F is a student in Ms. Quindazzi's 3rd Grade Class
2011-2012